Tax & Accounting
Services provided by VPG, LLC
We are a full-service accounting firm based in Grand Island, Nebraska. We grew up here and feel strongly about supporting the people and businesses that live and work in and around Grand Island.
As experienced accountants, we are able to provide the crucial, impartial information our clients need to make informed decisions. We also become trusted advisors to our clients as together we engage in educated discussions about what is important and how we can strategically build financially responsible solutions.
Client Accounting Services
Accounting—the finances, the benefits, the bottom line—is the core of your business, and also the core of ours. As such, our services and tools can benefit your company’s day-to-day interactions as well as its long-term growth by giving you pertinent information, time, and resources.
Outsourced Accounting Services
- Streamline daily accounting functions with relevant technology tools
- QuickBooks consulting
- Personalized accounting guidance
- Compilation and analysis of financial statements, one-time or routine schedule
- Analysis of financial data on which to base management and operational decisions
Tax Compliance and Planning
- Regulatory notice and response assistance
- Business planning including budgeting and cash flow analysis
Outsourced Controller Services
- Financial management package customized for management analysis
- Financial statement preparation on an interim and annual basis
- General accounting support via on-site, network streaming, or telephone
- Accounting procedures assistance and training
- General ledger analysis
- Internal control analysis
- Payroll calculation assistance
- Payroll tax return preparation
- Bank reconciliation
- Compliance reporting forms including preparation of
Forms 1099 and W-2
Starting a new business is exciting, and requires an impartial eye to help develop and analyze business plans as well as to establish comprehensive setup protocols.
- Organizational structure analysis
- Entity selection and setup
- Business planning and budgeting
- Feasibility analysis
Accounting software can efficiently streamline some or all of your accounting processes. While there are many options, we can help you choose the solution that best fits your business structure and requirements.
- Client bookkeeping solutions
- Review and compilation services
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Specified elements of a financial statement
- Financial forecasts and projections
- Pro Forma financial information
- Internal controls
- Contractual arrangements
- Due diligence
- Application of accounting principles
Our tax experts have the expertise and resources to establish fully compliant strategies that are relevant to our clients’ specific financial situations in order to optimize their bottom lines.
We take into account the tax implications as well as the goals of the client to come up with optimal solutions.
- Tax return planning and preparation for individuals, families, and small businesses
- Extension and estimate preparation and planning
- Year-end tax planning
- Estate and inheritance tax planning and returns
- Gift and generation-skipping transfer tax returns.
- Analysis of tax consequences for mergers, joint venture, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Entity choice analysis
- Comparison of tax consequences of financing techniques for capital expenditures
State and Local Tax Consulting and Compliance (SALT)
- State credits and incentives
- Sales and use tax
- Audit assistance and representation
- Private ruling requests
- Due diligence and transaction planning
- Delinquent filer program/voluntary disclosure program
- Personal property tax
- Compliance outsourcing
How Are We Different?
Our clients enjoy the shift to a different accounting experience.
Experience. As a client we want you to be amazed by the professional, in-depth work we perform on your behalf every time you interact with us. In addition to our expertise, we want you to receive the thorough attention you deserve by simply walking through our doors, not by the dollar amount in your bank account.
That expertise, combined with comprehensive and targeted services regardless of account size, we believe, will make a positive difference to your financial well-being over the long run.
We provide accurate, independent financial reporting so that the risk/reward profile is understood and informed decisions can be made for the benefit of your business.